The Visiola Foundation’s Virtual Coding Boot Camp is an intensive five-week training program that will provide participants with a strong foundation upon which to build their careers as computer programmers and tech entrepreneurs. The boot camp will hold on April 5 – May 7, 2021. It will run from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (WAT) daily, Monday to Friday, and classes will be held on Zoom, WhatsApp, and Google Classroom.
They will work on individual assignments and group challenges to enhance their learning, critical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving abilities. This will serve as a foundation upon which they will mature into successful software developers and IT professionals. The aim of the boot camp is to encourage more girls to pursue technical careers by empowering them with vital knowledge to facilitate their success. The camp will end with a virtual closing ceremony where participants get to pitch their projects. Students working in teams will be given capstone projects to work on after which they will join an alumni network to be connected with leading employers.
The specific objectives of the coding boot camp are:
- A stronger foundation in Computer Science.
- Increased knowledge and confidence in programming.
- To enable students to develop web applications and programs.
- To equip participants with technical skills that will make them eligible for high-wage job opportunities.
Through this virtual coding boot camp, the Visiola Foundation seeks to increase the number of women in Computer Science with a view to create a pipeline of professionals who will leverage technology in developing innovative solutions to Nigeria’s most pressing challenges.
- Must be an African woman aged 17 – 30 years.
- Must have received her primary and secondary education in an African country (certificates to be verified).
- Must be available for the full duration of the boot camp.
- Must have a laptop or borrow one for the duration of the boot camp.
All Applicants must register by completing this application form.