The Visiola Foundation is pleased to introduce the Patricia S. Bellinger Fellowships for African Girls.
The fellowships are funded through a generous donation from Patricia “Patti” Bellinger and Richard Balzer and will provide full four-year scholarships, leadership training, and mentoring for two high potential girls from disadvantaged backgrounds to pursue bachelor degrees in any science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) field.
Patricia Bellinger is the Executive Director and Adjunct Lecturer at the Center for Public Leadership at the Harvard University Kennedy School of Government (HKS). Prior to her role at HKS, Patricia served as Executive Director of Executive Education at Harvard Business School. Patricia has enjoyed a rich and varied career spanning multiple countries and disciplines, including the pharmaceutical industry, theatre, the energy sector, global corporations and start-up enterprises. Patricia served as the Group Vice President of Global Diversity and Inclusion at BP Plc in London. Patricia is a non-executive director of Sodexo SA based in Paris and of Pattern Energy Inc., a wind energy company based in San Francisco.
Applicants are expected to meet all of the following requirements:
- Nationals of an African country.
- Received both primary and secondary education in an African country.
- Graduated in the top 10% of their secondary school’s graduating class.
- Have clearly demonstrated financial needs.
- Demonstrate passion for and commitment to community service as evidenced by prior and on-going involvement in local activities.
- Are not related to or otherwise connected with any staff member or friend/acquaintances of staff members or otherwise affiliated members of the University or the Foundation.
HOW TO APPLY
Please follow the process for Bayero University here