2019 Coding BootCamp
During the boot camp, students will be taught the fundamentals of computer programming, including logic and reasoning, Data Structures, Algorithms, Full Stack Web Development, Python, Mobile App Development, and UI UX. They will be given tasks and assignment that will challenge their thinking and also spark their creativity in their minds. The aim of the boot camp is to encourage more girls to pursue technical careers by empowering them with vital knowledge to facilitate their success.
The specific objectives of the coding boot camp are:
- A stronger foundation in Computer Science.
- Increased knowledge and confidence in programming.
- Developed web applications and programs.
- Greater interest and would be well equipped to pursue high-wage technical careers
- Must be an African woman aged 17 – 30 years.
- Must be available for the full duration of the boot camp.
- Must register and plan to take the Aptitude Test on September 28, 2019, when shortlisted.
- No prior programming experience required.
The camp fee is N25,000. Limited scholarships are available and applicants will need to provide verifiable evidence of financial need. All applicants are also expected to pay an application fee of N2,000 and take the Aptitude Test in person on September 28, 2019.
All candidates must register by completing the application form by September 27th, 2019. Payment must be made into the Visiola Foundation’s Zenith Bank Account at the time of applying. Evidence of payment of the application fee may be requested.
Account Name: The Visiola Foundation
Account Number: 1014041410
Reference: 2019-CBC-Student’s Last Name-First 3 letters of student’s first name.
E.g. The reference for a student named “Sandra Obinna” would be 2019-CBC-OBINNA-SAN
Kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or enquiries.