2019 STEM Camp
The summer camp will implore include engaging classroom coursework, practical team activities, fun games, and group projects. They will additionally put that knowledge into practice by building solar generation plant prototypes, solar powered devices, and much more. They will be encouraged to develop their own projects; these projects could be building already existing machines but this time powering them with renewable sources of energy. In addition, the girls will be coached to become better public speakers and to give engaging presentations and also get learn basics self-defense training techniques.
All candidates must register by completing the application form by December 1, 2019. All interested students must deposit the sum of N1,000 (One Thousand Naira) into the Visiola Foundation’s Zenith Bank Account at the time of applying. Evidence of payment of the application fee may be requested.
The camp is free to students attending Government Secondary Schools. Private School Students are required to pay the reduced fee of N105,000 (boarding) and N85,000 (non-boarding).
Full payment must be made to the account below by December 1, 2019.
Account Name: The Visiola Foundation
Account Number: 1014041410
Reference: 2019-SSC-Student’s Last Name-First 3 letters of student’s first name.
E.g. The reference for a student named “Chioma Hassan” would be 2019-SSC-HASSAN-CHI
Note: The N1,000 application fee should be paid using the same reference information as indicated above. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- Must be an African girl aged 13 – 17 years.
- Must have completed her primary education in an African country.
- Must be currently enrolled in secondary school in an African country.
- Must be available for the full duration of the course.
- Must submit a complete application including:
- a 500-word statement explaining her interest in the camp;
- a letter of support from a parent/guardian;
- Report Cards for the last academic year by December 1, 2019.