The Visiola Foundation’s 5-week coding boot camp will be held in Abuja from July 6 – August 7, 2020. Participants will be taught how to code in various computer programming languages. Students will be given insight, they will be exposed to the underlining principle with which software development operates The camp is non-residential and will run from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. every day.
During the 5-week coding boot camp, students will be taught the fundamentals of computer programming, including logic and reasoning, Data Structures, Algorithms, Full Stack Web Development, Python, Mobile App Development, Graphic Design/UI UX Design and Data Analytics. They will work on individual assignments and group challenges to enhance their learning, critical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving abilities. The aim of the boot camp is to encourage more girls to pursue technical careers in the area of full stack web development and mobile app development
The specific objectives of the coding boot camp are:
- A stronger foundation in Computer Science.
- Increased knowledge and confidence in programming.
- Developed web applications and programs.
- Greater interest and would be well equipped to pursue high-wage technical careers
1. Must be an African woman aged 17 – 30 years.
2. Must be available for the full duration of the boot camp.
3. Must register and plan to take the Aptitude Test on June 27, 2020, when shortlisted.
4. No prior programming experience required.
The camp fee is N25,000. Limited scholarships are available and applicants will need to provide verifiable evidence of financial need. All applicants are also expected to pay a non refundable application fee of N2,000 and take the Aptitude Test in person on June 27th, 2020.
All candidates must register by completing the application form by June 22nd, 2020. Payment must be made into the Visiola Foundation’s Zenith Bank Account at the time of applying. Evidence of payment of the application fee may be requested.
Account Name: The Visiola Foundation
Account Number: 1014041410
Reference: 2020-CBC-Student’s Last Name-First 3 letters of student’s first name.
E.g. The reference for a student named “Sandra Obinna” would be 2020-CBC-OBINNA-SAN
Kindly email email@example.com for further information or enquiries.