Intellectual Rigor | Ethical Leadership | Technical Expertise
The Visiola Foundation Accra STEM Camp for Girls is an exciting program designed to stimulate the interest of girls between the ages of 13 – 18 in the STEM fields. Participants will be exposed to the diverse renewable energy options available in Ghana while helping them harness this potential for economic growth and development. They will be taught the science behind renewable energy and will be given the opportunity to build demo projects to generate electricity using solar, hydro, and wind power. In addition, the camp will empower girls with valuable knowledge and information about their sexual reproductive health and how to protect themselves against gender-based violence is also critical. Their confidence levels will grow as they realize that they can become innovators who can make a difference in their communities. The aim of the program is to encourage more girls to pursue STEM careers by gaining their interest early and facilitating their success!
The Accra STEM Camp will take place on December 11 – 18, 2021 with the theme “Renewable Energy and Robotics for Sustainable Development.”
There is no participation fee. Open to public school students only.
Applications will be accepted from eligible candidates from across
Ghana who meet the following criteria:
- Must be between the ages of 13 and 18
- Must have at least a “B” average
- Must be available for the full duration of the camp
- Parents and/or guardians are responsible for transporting their children to and from the camp venue.
The application package should include the following:
- The completed application form
- A typed 500 word essay explaining the applicant’s interest in the Accra STEM Camp and what she hopes to achieve
- Academic record for the past year
- Statement of support from parent or guardian