The Visiola Foundation offers scholarships to high potential African girls from disadvantaged backgrounds to pursue STEM degrees at our partner institutions listed below. Please apply directly to the desired university to be considered.
Applicants are expected to meet all of the eligibility criteria:
- Nationals of an African country.
- Received both primary and secondary education in an African country.
- Graduated in the top 10% of their secondary school’s graduating class.
- Have clearly demonstrated financial needs.
- Demonstrate passion for and commitment to community service as evidenced by prior and on-going involvement in local activities.
- Are not related to or otherwise connected with any staff member or friend/acquaintances of staff members or otherwise affiliated members of the University or the Foundation.
For ASHESI UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
- Apply to Ashesi University College on www.ashesi.edu.gh
- Specify your interest in applying for the Visiola Foundation in your application to Ashesi.
- Please contact the admissions office for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org
For LEAD CITY UNIVERSITY
- Apply to Lead City University on www.lcu.edu.ng
- Specify your interest in applying for the Visiola Foundation in your application to Lead City.
- Please contact the registrar’s office for additional information at email@example.com
For BAYERO UNIVERSITY
Please send complete application package to Dr. Rabia Sa’id at the address below:Dr. Rabia Sa’id
Department of Physics
(A2, 1st Floor, Old Faculty
of Science Building)
Bayero University Kano
A completed application package should include:
- An application form (available here)
- Copy of a Government issued identification document.
- One recent passport size photograph.
- Final year Primary and Secondary School report cards and exam certificates (WAEC).
- Annual report cards for senior secondary school (SS1 – SS3).
- Explanation of family’s financial history with supporting documents.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume.
- Personal statement discussing the candidate’s passion for community service and involvement in local activities (not to exceed 500 words).
Meet our current scholars.