This academic year, the Foundation is focusing on educating and raising a generation of problem solvers who are committed to advancing their community through technology, to accelerate long-term transformation and progress. Students will be taught to ask probing questions, cultivate analytical thinking skills, and become problem solvers as they develop technological solutions that harness the potential of mobile technologies and IT to build long-term value.
The After School STEM Club sessions will teach and train students on Scratch programming covering ideation, coding, and entrepreneurship for a period of 10 weeks.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED:
- Introduction to scratch software and its programming.
- How to program motion with the software.
- Creating and animating sprites
- Adding sound and music to projects
- Making games with Scratch
- Using Scratch to tell stories or create animations
- Creating and using custom blocks
- Collaborating with other Scratch Users
- Project execution
- Project presentation
Students will become strong problem solvers who are excellent at seeing openings in challenging circumstances, analytical thinkers, analytic personalities, and powerful innovators by the end of the academic term.
The STEM club sessions will run from Monday, May 8th – Friday, July 14th, 2023 for 10 weeks. Lessons will be taught once a week at a stipulated time and students will react to such lessons within a given deadline. The weekly task will be given which the students will be mandated to turn in by the end of the class.